Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, December 18, 2009

Day 8 :: Homemade Hot Chocolate Gifts

This year I'm giving out a few goodie baskets to friends and family, including some homemade cookies, bars and breads along with my Russian Friendship Tea that I posted about on Day 12. I wanted to add another easy warm beverage, so I made cinnamon hot chocolate mix and creatively packaged it for the baskets!




Ingredients:

* 2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
* 1/2 cup powdered nondairy creamer
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon

Directions:

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Add 2-3 tablespoons of the mix to a mug of hot water and stir! You can also add 2-3 tablespoons of mix to a mug of coffee for Cinnamon Mocha!

I measured 9 tablespoons of mix into the jar (to give about 3-4 servings). I filled the remainder of the jar with a plastic sandwich baggie of marshmallows and closed the lid. Then I decorated the jar with an individual tablespoon for measuring, a mini whisk for stirring, a candy cane and a cinnamon stick to add more flavor, and a gift tag with mixing instructions.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...