Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, December 14, 2009

Day 12 :: Russian Friendship Tea

For my first DIY project, I decided to start small with an easy recipe and gift packaging idea I found on Bake It Pretty. This Russian Friendship Tea (according to my husband) tastes like Christmas in a mug! Warm, sweet, tangy and spicy....we both loved the recipe, and the jars look so sweet and are simple to make!



2-1/2 cups Instant Orange Drink Mix (like Tang)
1-1/2 cups Instant Lemonade Mix (like Country Time)
1-1/2 cups Instant Unsweetened Tea
1/2 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves

First of all, you need to mix your tea ingredients. In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients until thoroughly combined. (This made almost exactly 40 servings for me, or 80 tablespoons). Stir 2 tablespoons of the mix into a mug of hot water and enjoy!

For easy and beautiful holiday packaging, spoon the mixture into small bell jars. I got my jars right at the grocery store when I bought the ingredients. When it's full replace the lid, cover the top of the jar with leftover wrapping paper or holiday fabric, and tie a bow round the lid to hold it in place. Trim the edges of the paper or fabric to fit, and voile! Your tea has holiday packaging!

I also printed the gift tag template and tied them on with curling ribbon, along with a cinnamon stick.
Red & Green Template
Pink Template
Blue Template



Thanks to Bake It Pretty for the great template and idea!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...